Sunday, June 24, 2018

Simpson Sampler III: Webs, Rocks, and Roughs!

More petulant postings in the resentful retro manner! Some past samples I worked up to obtain freelance work from the big boys around 2002. The Web vs. The Rock was never submitted, but was a fun idea to work on.

Colorized Web Man!

The first page (incomplete), as Web Man lands to confront Rock Man!

A second shot at the same idea, with more background.

Rock Man shatters, but reassembles! Wallopin' Web-Snappers!

A sheet of sketchbook scribbles as I worked out these ideas in rough form.

A second sketchbook page of Webby and Rocky!

We'll end this post with a figure I drew as an inking demo for my Carnegie Museum of Art Cartoonist's Sketchbook workshop circa 2007!

Simpson Sampler I Updated with rough sketches! | Simpson Sampler II updated with rough sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment